Wire shelving units are ideal for any industrial, office, retail, or food service organization. They represent one of the most durable and adaptable types of storage in existence. They are easy to configure for use in any environment thanks to their adjustability. Any number of item types and sizes can be stored on these systems, depending on the individual weight capacities and size of each shelf and the total capacity of the unit itself.
The greatest benefit that wire shelving systems bring to businesses is the ability to transform unused and empty space into organized storage space. After everything is consolidated, accessibility improves once workers know where to find materials and supplies. Operations become efficient and streamlined. Employee morale improves as well because the frustration factor of always feeling behind has been removed.
Safety is another thing that improves when materials and inventory are neatly arranged in proper rows and bins. When nothing is cluttered about on the floor, trip hazards are minimized. Wire also improves the safety factor of a building in the event of a fire. It will not burn, and it allows water from sprinkler systems to pass through it in the event of a fire.
There are many other advantages of a wire shelving units.
· Units mounted on casters provide quick mobility.
· Wire is attractive, shiny, and easy to clean.
· Wire easily handles chemical storage, food storage, and does not damage when wet.
· Wire can be adjusted just like steel shelving.
· Wire can be configured in many different ways, with tilting shelves and wall mounts.
· Wire can turn a wall into storage space without crowding corners.
· Wire can also be configured to wrap around corners at right angles
Where could wire shelving systems be used?
· They are heavily used in the restaurant industry.
· Health care systems rely on them as well.
· Wire shelving systems are idea for the storage of computer parts.
· Offices require wire storage units for storing supplies and paperwork.
· Mobile wire units are used to store and move objects that require transport.
Many people are surprised to learn that wire shelving units are used in restaurant storage.
This should not be a surprise when we consider that there is more to a restaurant than the dining area. Behind the dining area, there lies a huge volume of stock. Everything from cooking utensils, cook ware, and food products must be stored and inventoried. Trucks are constantly restocking supplies as food is prepared and consumed. The back of a restaurant is often busier than the shipping and receiving dock in a small warehouse.
Because wire shelving systems are available in all in all sizes and can be mounted in any number of ways, even a small restaurant can turn the most limited or oddly-shaped spaces in the kitchen into organized, efficient storage areas.
The most important factor to consider when buying wire shelving systems is the size and mounting style that will offer the maximum conversion of vertical and horizontal cube space into storage space. A few simple questions can help guide the decision.
· Is there a small space that would work best with shelves that mount directly to the wall?
· Is there a high ceiling or a low ceiling?
· Is there a small room where a wire unit on vertical stands can fill the back wall?
· Is there a need for transporting stored products?
The answers to these questions help narrow down options to the best possible unit for the task.
Easy Rack carries a wide variety of used pallet racks, commercial shelving, material handling equipment, commercial lighting,and modular prefab buildings installed nationwide. If you can not find what you are looking for call us toll free at 1-888-776-3720 and we will find it for you. Our home office is located in Houston, Texas with warehouses located throughout the United States that enable us to service all 50 states.